Saturday, April 12, 2008

the minor league strikes again...

Well, it's been quite a long 24 hours for both Patrick and I. I've been working the last couple of nights..and I always get a phone call from Patrick after the game. Last night was a wee bit different. Patrick pitched well last night in a very heart-pounding kind of game and after the game was told that he was getting moved up to the double-A team in Midland, TX. So, for those of you who don't know how crazy minor league baseball can be, he was told around 10:00pm and expected to have everything packed and ready by 3:45am to go to the airport for a 6:00am flight. Can we say whoa!! Unfortunately, I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to him :( So, long story short, he was in Stockton for all of a week and a half and got moved up. I am so proud of him, because this is a really big move in the minor league system, and he has worked very hard to get where he is. If anyone deserves this, it's him!
So what does this mean? It means I am going to be in California for 3 more weeks and then it's off to Texas...and not just anywhere in Texas...but Midland (aka "the middle of nowhere") But you know what they say..it doesn't matter where you are, but who you're with. I'm already ready to be there. I miss Patrick already and he's just been gone today! Yes, I know, I'm pathetic! Haha!
We've been really blessed with the way things have worked out. In fact, I was planning on signing another contract to work in California at the beginning of this week. Thank goodness that this move up came when it did! I would've been really upset if that would've happened. I'm getting very excited about the move. There are some other girls there to hang out with that I know. My friend Steph, that I met last season, will be living in Midland at the same time, so we'll be able to stay busy when the guys are at the field.
So, things are really looking good for Patrick's career. We are so excited to see what the future is going to hold for us! Stay tuned for updates about how things are going. I'm going to add the new link for the Midland Rockhounds so that any of you that want to keep up can do so.
Expect updates soon!
Holly

No comments: