Saturday, July 5, 2008

Holy cow!

So whoa! The past two weeks have been absolutely insane. It's all living the minor league baseball life!! So here we go....
Monday, June 23rd Patrick called me around 4pm and said that I needed to pack up all of our stuff because we were driving back to Stockton, CA. Fortunately, we actually got to drive, because on a typical day Patrick would've had to be there the next day and have to catch a flight out very quickly. However, it was all-star break and the Stockton team had 2 days off. Thank goodness I didn't have to make that drive by myself.
So, we left at 8pm and drove all night to Las Vegas (we didn't win any money), but we did have a great time. Wed. we finished the drive to Stockton.
I have to say that we were both a bit disappointed to be moving back down to Stockton, but both realize that this is just God's way of shaking up our plans. This is obviously where we are supposed to be right now. My job in Midland is still open so that when we go back (hopefully soon), I'll go right back to work.
Patrick is doing very well here, and just working on getting back to where he was 2 months ago. Baseball is really a roller-coaster ride.
Currently, we are in Lancaster, CA (about an hour outside of LA) on a road trip. I'm sitting here listening to Patrick and his friend argue about how one has a better baseball card collection than the other one. How old are we?? Anyway, I'm outta here, but thought I'd let everyone know what the heck is going on!! Take care!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Holly...sounds just like Patrick arguing over small things hahaha! Hang in there...life is full of ups and downs...this is your spring training for the baseball wife (to be)!