Tuesday, May 6, 2008

fighting the battle

I just want to ask all of you guys to pray for a good friend of our family. My mom's best friend since she was in second grade was diagnosed with breast cancer last week. Today she saw her surgeon, who informed her that they will not be doing surgery for the time being, but that she will be on 3 different types of chemotherapy for the next 6 months. Also, there is a possibility that 2 lymph nodes are involved. She will have a biopsy of one of her lymph nodes tomorrow in the hope that it is not involved. So, please keep her in your prayers, seeing that there is no other way to successfully get through this.
This has proved to be a very emotional time for me. For those of you who don't know, Patrick and I lost a very close friend to cancer on Dec. 14th, 2007. Katie Ball was a very close friend of ours from college who fought a very difficult battle against a very rare form of cancer. She was diagnosed at the end of the summer last year. Fortunately, I got to spend a lot of time with her during her battle and she will forever be the the strongest person that I have ever met and my personal hero. I have included a link to her caring bridge website on here so that you guys can see what a remarkable person Katie was. It just feels like cancer has really hit us from all sides, so please pray for Nancy in this new battle, and also for Katie's family as they continue to experience a great loss.
On a positive note, I'm leaving for Texas in just a few days and I'm really looking forward to it! Pictures are still on the way!

No comments: